We are looking for a Ship Operator (Reports to the Operations Manager) for Bocimar International to complement the existing operations team in Antwerp.
Tasks and responsibilities
- Liaise with Masters in all matters involving the day-to-day operational activities of the vessels, prepare and review instructions to Masters;
- Monitor vessels’ movements and advise Masters in case of problems;
- Follow-up of loading and discharging operations;
- Follow-up of and ensure compliance with Charter Party terms;
- Follow-up of vessels’ bunker planning;
- Liaise with shipping agents and ship brokers worldwide;
- Follow-up and provide solutions for speed & cargo claims, damages;
- Monitor post fixtures, liaise with insurance brokers;
- Update vessels’ voyage information system (iMOS) on a daily basis.
- Nautical/seafaring experience or similar technical skills acquired by working experience (familiar with stowage plans, vessel technicalities, shipping documents, ...)
- Masters degree in Nautical Sciences is a bonus.
- Self starter and team player
- No 9 to 5 mentality (24/7 flexibility required)
- Good people/communications skills
- Common sense and pro-active mind, strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Fluency in English (spoken and written). Knowledge of Dutch/French is an asset.
- Excellent IT skills (Word/Excel). Knowledge of iMOS shipping software programme is not required, but also a bonus. Further in-house training will be provided.
- You enjoy working in an international environment and are willing to travel.
Standard package common to the shipping industry, adjusted to Belgian standards.
Would you like to become our new Ship Operator?
If you would like to work in an international environment as part of a small, committed team assuming responsibility from the onset, we would be delighted to meet you.
Please contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org and email@example.com.