We currently have a job opening for a Senior Legal Counsel:
CMB is seeking to reinforce the Group’s central legal department with a senior legal counsel in support of the Group’s commercial interests and activities.
You will join the current legal team whose key responsibilities are to provide legal advice to the other departments and companies within the CMB Group on legal matters relating to general commercial law, clean tech projects, real estate matters...
You will join a legal team of 10, all based in Antwerp, and will report to the Legal Manager.
What are we looking for?
- Drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts mainly in the area of cleantech, i.e. research & development, production and application of renewable energy in the transport industry and beyond;
- Providing solution oriented legal advice on all matters in scope to enable proper monitoring, management and mitigation of the legal risks worldwide;
- Handling of disputes and follow up on complex litigation files in concert with our lawyers in Belgium and overseas;
- Advising on and managing general corporate matters of the CMB Group of companies;
- Providing relevant inhouse legal and risk awareness training;
- As member of the legal team, you will act as a true business partner for the Group’s commercial departments and with opportunity and responsibility to interact with colleagues at all levels of our Group;
- Occasional travel is part of the job.
What do you bring?
- You hold a Master’s degree in Law;
- You have at least 5 years of experience as an in-house lawyer in an international environment, specialized in drafting and negotiating complex commercial contracts and corporate structures;
- You have excellent contract reviewing and drafting skills;
- You are able to think strategically;
- You have an excellent knowledge of Dutch and English (spoken and written);
- You have strong communication skills (able to translate complex legal matters into comprehensible language for non-lawyers);
- You are dynamic, pro-active and solution oriented;
- You are flexible and pragmatic and dispose of a stress resistant personality;
- You have strong analytical skills and are capable to work, as a team player, in a challenging, dynamic and international environment;
- You are keen to take on a varied workload;
- You have an eye for detail, a proactive approach and are able to meet commitments and deadlines;
- You are a self-starter and integer;
- You have a strong interest in general commercial law with focus on company law, financial law, technology law, IP and realty.
- The opportunity to work in an international environment with head office in Antwerp, as part of a small, committed team;
- The opportunity to assume responsibility from the onset and to grow;
- Standard package common to the industry, adjusted to Belgian standards.
We are looking forward to receiving your application and curriculum vitae.
Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org