Apprentice Technician - Engineering
Four years - Start in September 2023CMB.TECHBrentwood, UK
CMB.TECH is currently looking for an Apprentice Technician - Engineering.
You will train as a mechanical engineering apprentice technician and you will undertake a structured training program of academic and workshop/ laboratory work in order to gain the required skills and knowledge to support the company in its development of future technologies for the marine industries.
What are we looking for?
- Observing, learning and understanding a wide range of engineering skills and processes while under the instruction of skilled technical staff.
- To be able to demonstrate these skills and processes as training progresses by working independently or as part of team, to undertake tasks as instructed and increase your contribution to the department.
- To undertake and successfully complete a suitable course, achieving grades and practical skills in order to entitle annual progression leading to a level 4 (HNC) qualification in mechanical engineering.
- To maintain a logbook over the duration of the apprenticeship, recording projects undertaken, and skills learned.
- To develop the skills to construct or modify apparatus and instruments to a high degree of precision, from verbal instructions, technical drawings, and technical specifications.
- Learning to understand the importance of health and Safety within both the company and college workshops.
- To learn how to maintain workshop equipment and keep it in good repair.
- To maintain and ensure general good housekeeping of the workplace.
What do you bring?
- Computer skills including word processing and spreadsheets, MS Office etc.
- Proactive individual with the ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team.
- Excellent attention to detail and record maintenance.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Working at CMB
With CMB, you choose a partner with a great variety and experience in the maritime sector, where we keep sustainability at the forefront.