At CMB.TECH, we are always looking for talented people to join us in developing solutions based on next generation fuels.
CMB.TECH is the cleantech division of CMB (Compagnie Maritime Belge). CMB.TECH’s Technology and Development Centre, located in Brentwood, Essex, houses engineering teams, dyno testing facilities and workshops including all support activities: engine construction, electrical & electronics construction, fabrication, and a model workshop. Our Head Office is located in Antwerp.
We currently have a job opening for Facilities Technician, based in CMB.TECH's Brentwood facility. You will also perform work and oversee other CMB.TECH UK facilities.
You will report to the Facilities Manager.
What are we looking for?
- You will assist in the maintenance and the upgrade of the buildings on site, related infrastructure, office and workshop facilities, always ensuring full regulatory compliance;
- You will coordinate (planned) maintenance for all workshop machinery and equipment ensuring all regulatory compliance is met;
- You will assist with electrical, HVAC and plumbing systems within the building for both installation, modification and maintenance;
- You will conduct running agreements related to buildings (exterior and interior) and general (technical) services (e.g., HVAC, electricity, cleaning). You will follow up on works on site and ensure they are carried out according to upfront-defined standards and specifications and guarantee the quality of the technical installations and infrastructure;
- You will assist in the negotiation and arrangement of service contracts relating to outsourced services;
- You will assist in the procurement of any new machinery or company equipment;
- You will assist with the design of the office, workshop layouts and services including the liaison with any controlling regulatory bodies;
- You will carry out other relevant tasks;
- You will support the implementation of the SHEQ policies;
- You will follow local and group policies and you will report to the Facilities Manager.
What do you bring?
- At least 5 years experience as a Facilities Technician - you must have knowledge of the following disciplines: Electrical, Mechanical, and HVAC to include fault finding, repair and installation;
- You have a good knowledge of facility maintenance, building systems and related regulations and interest in new technologies;
- You are a proactive professional individual with the ability to work effectively alone as well as part of a team;
- You are willing to develop and to take on new tasks with on-job and off-job training provided;
- Excellent attention to detail and record maintenance;
- Must have a full clean driving licence;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Must be willing to work unsocial hours and - when required - to unlock and lock the building and to attend to out-of-hours call-outs.
- We offer you an exciting and challenging position within a stable and ambitious company with a family corporate culture. With us you can continue to grow and get more and more responsibility;
- We provide a competitive salary and benefits according to your experience and competences.