Full Time - PermanentCMB GroupAntwerp Belgium
We are looking for a Facility Manager with specific responsibility for facility and workplace management at the various CMB Group sites: Antwerp (3 locations), Brentwood (UK), Lowestoft (UK) and IJmuiden (NL). As we will be redeveloping part of our site in the coming years, you will also be involved in providing input on the facilities aspects in the project definition, development of the projects and the start-up of modern facility management at the redeveloped sites.
Reporting to the Portfolio & Project Manager (based in Antwerp), you and your team of 4 permanent employees will ensure a best-in-class workplace experience for everyone at our various sites, including visitors.
Roles and responsibilities
- You are the contact person and ultimately responsible for the management of the various sites within the group. You develop the department's policy to ensure a customer-oriented, qualitative, proactive, and market-oriented service. You assist in the development of a facility management system, ensure its implementation, and make necessary improvements as required.
- It is the responsibility of your team to provide the buildings with optimal technical equipment, this includes: HVAC, plumbing, high and low voltage, emergency power, (emergency) lighting, doors and gates, fire protection systems, access control, lifts, and so on. This takes into account modern facility management and digital technologies to invest in sustainability and make the building more efficient. You will do space planning including maintaining floor plans and managing moves .
- You will monitor compliance with relevant local health and safety legislation, as well as requirements applicable to local offices. To achieve this, you keep abreast of applicable regulations and guidelines. You are responsible for the management of business interruption incidents and ensure that business continuity processes and documentation are up-to-date, e.g. evacuation procedures. Furthermore, you closely monitor work permits and statutory inspections.
- Managing and coaching the local facilities teams. Follow-up of external consultants and contractors.
- You organize, coordinate and monitor the central procurement of facility goods and services in order to continuously have the required goods and services available and to obtain the best possible conditions in terms of price, quality and delivery time. You manage the pool of suppliers, including assessing and evaluating their performance. You manage all facility budgets, do the necessary checks and reporting.
- You are key holder of the offices and contact outside office hours.
- Follow up on new construction projects.
What do you bring?
- You preferably have a Bachelor's or Master's degree in Facility Management and a minimum of 7 years' experience as a facility manager;
- You have excellent organizational skills, the ability to multitask, remain calm under pressure and work under tight deadlines;
- You are a people manager at heart and an excellent communicator;
- You have experience in identifying and working out needs, as well as implementing them within the right budget and timing;Facility procurement has no secrets for you;
- You have a good knowledge of soft services (waste management, landscaping, catering, cleaning,...) together with operational knowledge of hard services;
- Fluent with MS office applications;
- You have a very good knowledge of Dutch and English. French is a plus;
- You preferably live around Antwerp region;
- Knowledge of Health & Safety regulations Netherlands (basic) is a plus;
- You will be working in an international environment with headquarters in Antwerp;
- We offer you an interesting and challenging position within a stable and ambitious company with a family business culture;
- We provide a competitive salary package with various extra-legal benefits and flexible working hours.