Research Data Scientist/Analyst
Full time - PermanentCMB.TECHBrentwood, UK
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications. CMB.TECH is the Research and Development division of CMB - Company Maritime Belge.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a Research Data Scientist/Analyst.
What are we looking for?
- Support the Research and Development team with data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Leverage a range of tools such as python, matlab and SQL to deliver combustion, fluid mechanics, engine and vehicle analysis reports.
- Build a data lake based on field data from multiple sources and aggregate these to support various functions within the business such as marketing, sales, engineering and design.
- Develop and maintain automated scripts for on the fly processing of data as it becomes available.
- Be inquisitive and proactive when performing analysis, propose and test novel algorithms and solutions.
- Develop robust big data practices using distributed file systems and cloud based technologies.
- Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies that affect the relevant work areas.
- Able to communicate results and underlying mathematical models to a range of audiences through reports, presentations etc.
What do you bring?
- B.Sc. in Engineering, computer science or software.
- The ideal candidate would have 1-2 years experience in matlab with a keen interest and aptitude for mechanical systems.
- Must be methodical, self-starting and able to work with a hierarchy of objectives.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques.
- Experience on other software platforms/languages such as python, C#, T-SQL an advantage.
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
- We offer you an exciting and challenging position within a stable and ambitious company with a family corporate culture. With us you can continue to grow and get more and more responsibility.
- We provide a competitive salary and benefits according to your experience and competences.