Senior Research Scientist/Engineer
Full time - PermanentCMB.TECHBrentwood, UK
A career at CMB.TECH means joining one of the world's first developers and integrators of hydrogen solutions, focusing on engineering, hydrogen infrastructure, industrial, on-road, off-road, and marine applications. CMB.TECH is the Research and Development division of CMB - Company Maritime Belge.
To strengthen our team, we are currently looking for a Senior Research Scientist/Engineer.
What are we looking for?
- Support the Research and Development team with scientific research, data processing, analytics and reporting.
- Leverage a range of calibration and calibration analysis tools such as ATi Vision, INCA, Concerto and Matlab alongside the CMB.TECH dyno software iTest to extend our understanding of the fundamentals of dual fuel combustion through effective analysis and testing methodologies.
- Be inquisitive and proactive when performing analysis, propose and test novel strategies and solutions.
- Design useful test programs to address and improve understanding of specific problems/features/phenomena including the use of DoE to identify primary influencing factors.
- Work with the applied calibration team to understand and integrate research topics into the larger applied calibration program.
- Develop deeper understandings of the previously acquired, current and future data collection for the research group and the whole CMB.TECH engineering team.
- Ensure adherence to all Health & Safety and Quality & Environmental policies that affect the relevant work areas.
- Able to communicate results and underlying concepts to a range of audiences through reports, presentations etc.
What do you bring?
- A degree in Engineering.
- The ideal candidate would have at least 5 years’ experience of working in a research environment with a keen interest and aptitude for mechanical systems.
- In addition the ideal candidate would also have 2 years’ experience in calibration with a keen interest and aptitude for combustion fundamentals.
- Have a keen interest and aptitude for mechanical systems.
- It is essential that the candidate also has experience of a variety of combustion systems – e.g., turbines, internal combustion engines, furnaces, etc.
- Must be a methodical, self-starter who is able to work to deadline.
- Knowledge of Quality tools and techniques.
- Experience on other software calibration platforms such as PUMA and CADET are an advantage.
- Ability to self-manage and work under pressure to deliver in an ever-changing and dynamic environment.
- We offer you an exciting and challenging position within a stable and ambitious company with a family corporate culture. With us you can continue to grow and get more and more responsibility.
- We provide a competitive salary and benefits according to your experience and competences.